I do this at least once a year… sometime I succeed. Other times I fail miserably!
And it may not be failing on the actually cleanse because I usually complete it, but if I decide to get a rib tip plate the day after I finish the cleanse? MAJOR FAIL
I posted who wants to do this with me on Facebook and I was surprised by how many people didn’t know what the grand MASTER CLEANSE entailed of. Beyoncé even did it once to thin out for her part in Dream Girls. My travel buddy asked me where the link was to the instructions…. so here it is!
First, let’s go through the reasons why I would want to do this particular cleanse? It’s not the easiest thing to do but in my opinion, it’s worth it
1. Weight loss. You are not eating. AT ALL. It is a complete liquid diet. You’re not even supposed to chew gum because it starts the digestive process and a huge part of this cleanse is giving your digestive system a break. I did it once for 24 days and lost nearly 50lbs. Most will say it comes back….haterssss. I actually continued to lose more weight after I was finished. I think it become easier for me to really feel when I was actually hungry, not just wanting food. My physical stomach became smaller so I would get fuller faster and my palate became different and wanted more healthy food.
2. Focus. I become laser focused. Anything I do just flows, the resistance that is there before just dissipates. Routines become a part of me and just get shit done. Which of course leaves me feeling like a real boss.
3. Sleep. I normally have a hard time falling asleep, it’s so annoying. But not on the cleanse! I’m not sure the scientific reason behind this, but I am able to fall asleep and wake up in the morning with ease on the cleanse. It’s crazy because I feel like my natural rhythm is prominent during the fast.
4. Energy. Most think without food your energy will be depleted, but if you drink the mixture like you’re supposed to you’re energy is even higher. I feel light and free… after the 3rd day and my eyesight even seems to become clearer.
There are a few cons but I’ll talk about those as I go through them.
Not now. Lol!
So lets get to it…. what do you actually have to do?
First. This should be done for AT LEAST 10 days to see great results.
I’m starting November 1… Planning on doing 15-21 days, depending on how I feel.
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tbsp organic 100% grade B (dark) maple syrup
cayenne pepper to taste (as much as possible)
1 cup water
*mix ingredients fresh, and drink 6-12 cups per day. Drink as much water and herbal tea as you like.
You need to drink senna herbal laxative tea (SmoothMove) at night and flush with top-down saltwater ‘rinse’ each morning*
Salt Water Flush is the most disgusting thing every… but once the process is over you feel refreshed.
- Dissolve two teaspoons of non-iodized sea salt in one quart (four cups) of warm water.
- Add lemon juice to improve the taste, if desired.
- Drink the mixture as quickly as possible on an empty stomach.
Then wait for the magic… in close proximity to a bathroom!
I’m going to be snapping, facebooking, and possibly vlogging about this entire Master Cleanse experience! So stay tuned and if you have any questions. Feel free to ask.
Or JUST JOIN ME!